Having travelled extensively and a long-time seafood lover, I know a good chowder when I see one. This recipe is a mix of some I found online and some favourite additions. Make it your own by adding your own favourites.
Serves 4-5 | Pre Tme: 10-15 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins
- 3 peeled medium potatoes cubed
- 3 carrots, cubed
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 stick of finely diced celery
- Handful of frozen peas (optional)
- Handful of fresh prawns cut in half
- 200g Seafood mix (white fish, salmon, trout, mussels meat)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 bay leaf
- 500ml Fish stock
- Pinch of paprika
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3-4 tbsp fresh cream
- In a pan sauté the onion, celery, garlic carrots and potatoes for a couple of minutes
- Add the flour and paprika and keep stirring for a couple of minutes allowing the flour to cook.
- Add the hot fish stock while still stirring and allow to simmer until carrots and potatoes soften. Add the bay leaf.
- Finally add the peas, fish and cream and allow to cook gently for a few minutes.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread or homemade brown bread.