Now I wouldn’t have been a lover of celery prior to making this dish, but I can tell you once you try this super tasty protein packed salad you’ll be hooked. Great on seeded crispbreads if you trying to stay off the bread. Can’t recall exactly where I found it but it’s a regular in my kitchen. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed.
Its great for lunch as its filling and good for you too.
- 2 poached chicken breasts, diced
- 1 stick celery, very finely chopped
- Handful chopped walnuts or pecans
- Red onion finely chopped, quantity to taste
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 2 tbsp light mayo
- Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Place the chicken, celery, onion, nuts and eggs into a bowl and bind with the mayonnaise.
2. Season to taste and refrigerate for about 1 hour. I find it always tastes better after sitting for a while.