Definitely a long serving family favourite. My Mum, Pat always made this for us growing up. It took me a while to perfect making it but stick with it, its worth it.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp vegetable / rapeseed oil
- 2-3 tbsp Sharwoods medium curry powder (or use your favourite)
- 2-3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 stock cube dissolved in boiling water (chicken or veg)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- Diced chicken breast
- Heat the oil in a pot and sauté onion and garlic until soft. Add the curry powder, cumin and coriander and mix and allow spices to cook for couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato puree and stir to mix, cook for 1-2 mins then add the cornflour. Allow the mixture to cook for about 2 mins then add the stock, a little at first then the remaining stock. The mixture will thicken so just add enough stock to achieve desired consistency.
- Add in the mango chutney and lemon juice and check for seasoning.
- Add the chicken and allow to cook gently. Serve with rice