These are delicious little muffins that can be whipped up in a flash.
- 4 lemons (zest only, for the topping)
- 50 grams icing sugar
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 85 grams caster sugar
- 240 ml milk
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 300 grams plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mix the egg, sugar, milk and oil in a large bowl.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, salt and then add lemon zest. roughly mix.
- Spoon into muffin cases and bake Oven temp 200c/400f/gas mark 6 for 30-35 mins until well risen and golden. cool on a wire rack.
- Mix together icing sugar and lemon and spoon over cooled muffins.
- Sit back and enjoy the praise