We made these cooking dinner in Karens one night, they are amazing and so easy. Could not have shared these on the blog. Enjoy !
- Ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- White crab meat
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 25g Butter
- 295ml Milk / Cream mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Grated parmesan
- Green salad
- Preheat oven to 180 deg.C. Grease muffin tin, tartlet tin or quiche tin – its up to you to decide what size tarts you wish to make.
- Roll out the pastry and cut into squares to fit into tins. Place them in the tins taking care not to rip the pastry. Prick the bases with a fork and line with parchment paper. Place baking beans or rice in the base of the tin and bake blind for 10-12 mins until barely brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan and wilt the spinach until it cooks down. Once this has cooled add in the crabmeat.
- In a bowl mix the eggs, egg yolks, sweet chilli sauce, milk and cream together.
- Spoon the crab and spinach mix into the cases and top with the liquid mix to fill. Top with grated parmesan and bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown. Serve with a green salad.