Just made a batch of these for the first time this evening – definite winners as voted by the tasting panel in our house! I won’t get a chance to test how they will freeze as they are all gone but I imagine they would freeze well. Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed.
- 200g self raising flour
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 100g castersugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 100ml fresh milk
- 2 apples, peels and grated
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 75g sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg c. Place all the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl and combine.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Break the eggs into a separate bowl then add the milkand honey. Drizzle in the melted butter and whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry andmix until combined.Add the grated apples and sultanas.
- Spoon the mix into paper cases in a muffin tray then place in the oven for about 25 mins. When done remove and cool on wire tray. Once cool store in an airtight container.
I like larger chunks of apples in the muffins so you can actually see them so chop a half of one of the apples into small pieces.