I have always loved this comforting soup from the Chinese take-away and decided to try it out so I started attempting it over Christmas just gone. It is so easy and delicious I made made it about three times in three weeks. Why not try it yourself, I guarantee you will be hooked.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts diced
- some finely chopped spring onions
- 3 drops of sesame oil
- 500ml chicken stock small can sweetcorn
- half tsp freshly grated ginger
- half tsp freshly grated garlic
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp cornflour mixed with some water
- salt and pepper to taste
2. Add in the diced chicken breast then the cornflour mix and allow to cook through stirring all the time.
3. Once it has thickened add in the egg and stir with a chopstick. This gives the soup the authentic ribbons of egg.
4. Finally add in the spring onions, sesame oil and season to taste.
I’d love to hear if anyone decided to give it a go, I guarantee you will make it more than once.