Tapas is one of the easiest options for when you have friends coming over. Everyone loves this relaxed way of eating. This chickpea, chorizo, red pepper and tomato recipe is brilliant as it’s quite filling, very tasty and takes just five minutes to throw together. We first tried this dish at Las Radas, Tapas Bar in Naas – its so simple but so good. Hope you give it a try.
- 2 cups of chorizo sausage cut into small chunks
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 jar roasted red peppers (I use the ones from Lidl)
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Warm the olive oil in a pan and add the finely chopped garlic and chorizo. Cook on a low heat for about 3 mins.
- Add in the tin of chickpeas.
- While they are warming, in a blender, add the peppers, salt and pepper and tomato puree. bled until smooth then add t0 the pan.
- Cook gently for another 2-3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning to taste and enjoy.