Asian Noodle Salad
Couch surfing one day with my BFF in Spain on one of those days it was just too hot to venture outside, we started watching The Pioneer Woman. She started making a gigantic bowl of Asian Noodle Salad which we wanted to try straight away – minus the enormous amount of sugar she added to the dressing.
So we went off in search of our veg and ingredients to try it out. It’s been tweaked a little, just use what vegetables you like but make sure there’s plenty of colour and crunch.
When I make it, I only dress the amount I am using straight away and top with sesame seeds and toasted peanuts. That way nothing goes soggy and tastes incredible.
Give it a try, you’ll love it.
Serves Lots | Prep Time: 15-20 mins | Cook Time: 0 mins
- cooked spaghetti
- cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- sweet red peppers, julienned
- red cabbage, thinly sliced
- chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- white cabbage, thinly sliced
- scallions, sliced
- carrots, julienned
- fresh beansprouts
- peanuts, lightly toasted
- sesame seeds
- chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Slice all your vegetables and place in a large bowl. Mix well with the cooled spaghetti.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients then add to the bowl.
- Top with toasted peanuts and sesame seeds.
A self-confessed technology nut, full-time computer nerd and lover of all things food related, Grub Galore is a place to get my creative foodie fix and serves as somewhere to share my recipes. I hope you enjoy browsing my growing collection.